Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Alton Merrell's Jazz Licks and Tricks Series - Episode #1

Below is the first video of my "Jazz Licks and Tricks Series." This series will present licks, runs, scales, fills, and improvisational techniques useful to the creative improvising musician. A new episode will be presented on a bi-weekly basis, and look for future episodes to render insights into "licks and tricks" used by Art Tatum, Bud Powell, Herbie Hancock, Chick Corea, Oscar Peterson and other first rate musicians.

This first episode is a "trick" I came up with while playing one day. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, I purchased this episode and it was very helpful. I can't wait for this series to continue...great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad the episode was helpful to you.

    ReplyDelete